For 20 years I have worked in web, content, user, and service design. I have quite a broad toolkit of services that I can call on to help improve the customer and user experience of services and products.
See also: My CV.
As a leader, coach and mentor
- Help you understand where user-centred design fits into your business strategy and process
- Help with organisational design and digital transformation
- Create job descriptions and career paths to attract the best talent to your organisation
- Recruit and select talented people
- Lead, coach and mentor design teams
- Source and procure services and products, working to and managing budgetary constraints
- Plan and roadmap deliverable value
- Create style guidelines, standards and supporting documentation
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Chair formal and informal governance meetings
As a designer and creator
- Create wireframes and prototypes of varying fidelity to help test your theories about what will work for your customers
- Build accessible, responsive websites
- Create fresh content across a range of channels in a number of formats
As a researcher
- Research what people can and can’t find, understand and do on your website
- Research how people feel about using your service or product
- Research how your competitors are tackling similar challenges
- Conduct rapid, agile usability evaluations
- Evaluate your product or service for accessibility compliance
- Devise and test alternative information architectures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your digital content
My top seven significant strengths are
- Leadership, taking responsibility for influencing and motivating others to contribute to the goals of success of the team and organisation.
- Creativity, generating new ideas and original solutions to move things forward.
- Relationship building, taking the steps to build networks of contacts and acting as a ‘hub’ between the people I know.
- Decisiveness, making quick, confident and clear decisions, even when faced with limited information.
- Compassion, demonstrating a deep and genuine concern for the wellbeing and welfare of others.
- Empathy, readily identifying with other people’s situations and can see things clearly from their perspective.
- Enthusiasm, demonstrating passion and energy when communicating goals, beliefs, interests or ideas I feel strongly about.