You may also Download a copy of my CV, learn more about My Skills and see My Portfolio.
I am a curious, creative, energetic and enthusiastic UX research and design leader with a passion for people and the things that make them tick.
Lead User Experience Designer, The Open University – 2010-2021
I led a team of 10 UX professionals to transform digital student support services. I established digital governance, user centred design workflows, content strategy, accessible and brand compliant digital assets, templates, components and usage guidance. Working across the total complement of student services, I embedded and operationalised continuous improvement informed by user-testing, feedback, sentiment analysis and robust behavioural analytics.
Senior Web Designer, The Open University – 2002-2010
Employed by the organisation to establish web standards across a vast digital estate. I led on the implementation of solutions to ensure adherence to WCAG accessibility standards as well as introducing progressive enhancement and responsive design. I also delivered a digital component library (OUICE) to enable rapid development of standards-compliant websites that remain in use today.
Senior Web Designer, Johnston Press – 2000-2002
Transformed the Central Counties Newspapers portfolio of nine regional newspapers from a traditional print-based enterprise into a fully functional digital operation across the editorial and advertising departments.
User Experience Consultant – 1999-Current
Advising, coaching and mentoring clients on all aspects of UX strategy as well as designing and developing custom solutions for small business and charities.
Coventry University, UK – BA (Hons) Communication, Culture & Media
My top seven significant strengths are
- Leadership, taking responsibility for influencing and motivating others to contribute to the goals of success of the team and organisation.
- Creativity, generating new ideas and original solutions to move things forward.
- Relationship building, taking the steps to build networks of contacts and acting as a ‘hub’ between the people I know.
- Decisiveness, making quick, confident and clear decisions, even when faced with limited information.
- Compassion, demonstrating a deep and genuine concern for the wellbeing and welfare of others.
- Empathy, readily identifying with other people’s situations and can see things clearly from their perspective.
- Enthusiasm, demonstrating passion and energy when communicating goals, beliefs, interests or ideas I feel strongly about.