You may also Download a copy of my CV, learn more about My Skills and see My Portfolio.
I am a curious, creative, energetic and enthusiastic UX research and design leader with a passion for people and the things that make them tick.
UX Director, Torpedo Group Limited - 2022-current
User Experience (UX) leadership, coaching, mentoring, strategy and vision for an award winning creative agency focusing on business to business user centred creative solutions.
Lead User Experience Designer, The Open University – 2010-2021
I led a team of 10 UX professionals to transform digital student support services. I established digital governance, user centred design workflows, content strategy, accessible and brand compliant digital assets, templates, components and usage guidance. Working across the total complement of student services, I embedded and operationalised continuous improvement informed by user-testing, feedback, sentiment analysis and robust behavioural analytics.
Senior Web Designer, The Open University – 2002-2010
Employed by the organisation to establish web standards across a vast digital estate. I led on the implementation of solutions to ensure adherence to WCAG accessibility standards as well as introducing progressive enhancement and responsive design. I also delivered a digital component library (OUICE) to enable rapid development of standards-compliant websites that remain in use today.
Senior Web Designer, Johnston Press – 2000-2002
Transformed the Central Counties Newspapers portfolio of nine regional newspapers from a traditional print-based enterprise into a fully functional digital operation across the editorial and advertising departments.
User Experience Consultant – 1999-Current
Advising, coaching and mentoring clients on all aspects of UX strategy as well as designing and developing custom solutions for small business and charities.
Coventry University, UK – BA (Hons) Communication, Culture & Media
My top seven significant strengths are
- Leadership, taking responsibility for influencing and motivating others to contribute to the goals of success of the team and organisation.
- Creativity, generating new ideas and original solutions to move things forward.
- Relationship building, taking the steps to build networks of contacts and acting as a ‘hub’ between the people I know.
- Decisiveness, making quick, confident and clear decisions, even when faced with limited information.
- Compassion, demonstrating a deep and genuine concern for the wellbeing and welfare of others.
- Empathy, readily identifying with other people’s situations and can see things clearly from their perspective.
- Enthusiasm, demonstrating passion and energy when communicating goals, beliefs, interests or ideas I feel strongly about.