StudentHome remains the primary gateway for students into their study experience with the Open University (OU). I was responsible for leading, deviisng and coding the front-end user interface back in 2006. The portal had been live for many years prior to this.
My role was to ensure that it was as accessibile and usable as possible within the technical constraints at the time. My design has been largely untouched in the intervening years. It is due for replacement by 2023.
My role: UX Lead, front-end designer
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Devising and undertaking usability testing
- Conducting card sorting and tree testing activities
- Low to high-fidelity wireframing and prototyping
- HTML and CSS production
- Quality assurance testing and reporting